In 1969, the year that Neil Armstrong was the first person to walk on the moon, DHL was his revolution in the logistics world. With 380,000 people in more than 220 countries and regions, we reach more people than ever. And because we are already thinking about what the world can look like in 2050, we are preparing ourselves for the logistical challenges that await us.
As one of the largest and most innovative employees in the world, we are particularly proud of our people. We are an international company where diversity, ambition and a collective Can-Do attitude are appreciated. Everyone who works for us is 'Proud to be DHL', are you coming to make our team stronger in Weert at the brand new site of DHL? #togetherunstoppable
DHL Supply Chain is looking for a colleague who can come and strengthen the inventory management team.
You start your day with your team in the department, in the middle of the warehouse. As a operational support officer, you and your team deal with all matters related to e-mails, answering the phone calls regarding to questions and complains of the client of DHL. You are the person who will answer them all and in this case you will provide information to the Teamleader, in this way he will be able to give instructions to his team regarding to incoming and outgoing stock. You will constantly keep an eye on your computer and phone and you will take responsibility to complete standard documents and solve issues. Collaboration, logistics insight and offering service fit you exactly!
As a member of the Operations Support department you support the team on a daily base.
The tasks can be subdivided into customer service related activities and inventory management.
For inventory management this means that you are concerned with, among other things:
- Responsible for tickets that we receive from customer (requests, complaints, irregularities);
- Providing good service to customers and colleagues;
- Completing standard documents and answering the emails/telephone with customers and colleagues;
- Solving issues.
- Daily counting of a portion of the stock based on lists created by SAP;
- Optimize stock locations, create, delete and manage both physical and systematic locations in SAP;
- Analyzing and solving stock differences;
- Acting as a point of contact for operational departments, assistance and support in the event of ambiguities in the process;
- Acting as a contact for the customer, executing stock related requests (eg serial number check, stock check, move stock etc.);
- Taking care of structured communication between the operation and the customer regarding damage cases;
- Performing quality checks on operational processes, Safety, 5S and following procedures;
- Sharing reports with operational departments and management.
This position offers great opportunities for your career in logistics. You will be confronted with the most diverse challenges and you will also have the opportunity to fully use and develop your determination and thoroughness!
You end up in a team with colleagues who can teach you a lot about Operation Support and are happy to share their knowledge; they are motivated and take their responsibilities seriously. This is of course also expected of you.
You are the asset for the team because you;
- You have good computer skills and you are able to set priorities within the work;
- Oral and written expression skills in English language for completing standard documents and answering the emails/telephone with customers and colleagues;
- You are an accurately, orderly and well-organized person to handle the correct administrative processing;
- Initiative shows! If you see points for improvement, you are not afraid to discuss these with your supervisor and colleagues;
- You take your responsibilities seriously and you want to continue to develop yourself.
In addition, you are;
- Flexible use, working in shifts (06:00 – 15:00 and 15.00 - 00:00);
- Knowledge of SAP / WMS is an advantage;
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office is required, in particular Outlook and Excel;
- You have an affinity with logistics (Customer Service and Inventory Management);
- You can function both independently and in a team;
- You are patient and do not mind explaining things more often.
- A good salary of € 12.40 per hour. In addition, the shift allowance comes after 18.00 hours (130%) and travel expenses;
- Opportunities to attend training and education to include EPT, forklifts, man-up and reach;
- Growth opportunities within the organization;
- A diverse, young and multicultural environment;
- Working for and with one of the largest high-tech companies in the world, which is our customer;
- The risk of a permanent contract with DHL Supply Chain to perform well;
- Full time job for 40 hours a week;
- 25 vacation days and 8% holiday allowance;
- We offer a private room in a house together with your colleagues. The cost for the rent is €206 (bruto) per week included water, electricity, gas and internet. The rent we will hold on a weekly base from your salary;
- Transport to the work and back.
If you are interested in this job, let us know via an online application.